Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Duncan the Greaser

Here's the influence map for that I collected for the art style inspiration.
After watching "The Outsiders", "Grease" and "Cry baby" and looking at lots of real life reference
I decided I needed art direction as well. (Yes, someone made a rockabilly version of Batman, I thought it was really cool!)



Here are some studies I made, from actors and models, it was very fun! I thought what my character would have in common with these studies as I drew 
Finally! the most difficult yet exciting part, drawing and figuring my character out. I had previously drawn "Duncan" before, but this time I though I would think about his back story too.
Name: Duncan Lee
Age: 27
Works at his family owned car repair shop. Out of his two brothers, Duncan is the middle child.
He is kind, determined, and loyal, but has a hard time with his temper once its been triggered.
 He is also very protective of his family and his gang, which is a good thing, but gets him in trouble once in the while (specially things that have to do with his gang, bar fights here and there)
The time he lives in takes place around the 70's, where rockabilly had resurrected decades after the 50's.
 Ill think of more stuff for him and define more of his characteristics on the next sketches, here Im being pretty loose, but it was fun while trying to figure him out. Well, until then!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment